Will you benefit from dental implants? It’s a personal decision to choose a major restorative treatment, such as dental implants, which is why it’s important to ask questions and consult with a dentist for more information.
Dental implants are a standard recommendation when tooth loss has occurred. The implant includes a post to act as the root of the tooth, with a crown, bridge, or denture on top to replace the missing tooth/teeth. The result: you have a strong, permanent structure for a replacement tooth that functions and feels like your natural tooth.
Timing is a critical factor to consider when choosing dental restorations. For example, if you lose a tooth and procrastinate a replacement, you can experience a domino effect of other problems. In addition, one small change in your mouth (such as a gap from a missing tooth) can cause other teeth to shift, which leads to bite problems and functional concerns.
Signs You Will Benefit from Dental Implants
Here are a few signs to watch for, so you know when it’s time to talk to your dentist about dental implants:
- Missing Tooth: The most obvious sign is that you are missing one or more teeth. Most forms of dental restoration only replace the missing tooth. But dental implants are beneficial to replace both the tooth and the root.
- Tooth Extraction: If you have a tooth that needs to be extracted, then it’s a good idea to prepare for restoration as soon as possible. When the tooth can’t be saved, coordinate your treatment plan to include both extraction and placement of a dental implant. Fast restoration helps to minimize bone loss in the jaw.
- Full or Partial Dentures: Do you currently have full or partial dentures? It can be a hassle to have these restorations become loose during the day, especially since shifting dentures affect the way you talk and eat. Instead, consider All-On-4 dentures that secure these restorations using dental implant posts.
- Aesthetic Improvements: How do you feel when you look in the mirror and see your smile? You shouldn’t be ashamed of your appearance! Whether you have gaps that need to be filled in or are dissatisfied with the appearance of a bridge or dentures, dental implants offer one option to transform your smile. Many people find new confidence when the new implant(s) are in place.
- Functional Issues: One common issue with missing teeth is that it is challenging when you are eating. You might be avoiding certain foods altogether or chewing on one side of your mouth. Implants can restore your eating, allowing you to enjoy many types of food without hesitation.
The good news about dental implants: they have a 98% success rate. With proper care and regular oral hygiene habits, implants are designed to last for the rest of your life. Consult with your dentist to see if you are a good candidate for this treatment.
As you can see, there are many benefits of dental implants! If you can relate to any of these issues listed above, it’s time to talk to our team about your options. Call us at myDental to book a consultation at one of our convenient locations. We offer full-service solutions, including implants, cosmetic treatments, general dental services, and more.