As we are nearing the end of 2020, it’s a great time to evaluate your medical care and regular checkups. Because of business closures and concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, many families paused their regular healthcare appointments to minimize exposure to this virus. Now that the end of the year is approaching, it’s time to evaluate your current schedule so you don’t miss out on benefits available for this year.
Don’t Lose Out on Dental Insurance Benefits
Many dental insurance plans reset at the beginning of each calendar year. You have certain services and benefits available throughout the year, then the coverage resets on January 1st. If you have any unused dental insurance benefits, then it’s time to book an appointment so you can make the most of your available coverage.
Since insurance coverage is typically based on the calendar year, it’s a “use it or lose it” situation. When the clock strikes midnight on December 31st, then your current benefits will expire.
With the holiday season upon us, it can be tricky to fit it all in. But it’s a great opportunity to prioritize your health. Call our office right away so we can book an appointment that works well with your busy schedule.
Things to Consider about Dental Insurance Coverage
Here are a few reasons why you should be proactive in maximizing your insurance coverage in 2020:
- Preventive Treatments: Most insurance plans offer two free appointments for preventive care, such as an exam and cleaning. If you haven’t fit in both checkups this year, you still have time to schedule the appointment.
- Yearly Maximum: It’s common for dental insurance plans to have a yearly maximum they are willing to pay within a calendar year. The specific amount varies, but it’s usually around $1,000 per person. If you need any restorative treatments, then it makes sense to take advantage of these unused benefits since they don’t roll over into the new year.
- Monthly Premiums: You always have a monthly premium to pay, regardless of how much you are using the insurance plan. Don’t let those hard-earned dollars go to waste! Even if you don’t need dental treatments, it’s important to stay consistent with regular checkups.
- Healthy Smile: The foundation of a healthy smile that lasts for life is staying proactive with preventive dental services. At your regular cleanings, we will check the health of your teeth and gums. Then, we can offer recommendations if early signs of gum disease, cavities, or other dental problems are identified.
- Dental Problems: If you have any untreated dental issues right now, don’t delay the treatment that is needed. Waiting to talk to a dentist means that you are taking the risk of a bigger, more expensive treatment in the future. It’s easy to fix a small cavity right now – but if you leave it untreated, then it could turn into a root canal later.
Our skilled team at myDental is continuing to offer quality, safe dental care for your family. If you still have dental insurance benefits to use, then reach out to schedule an appointment at one of our locations.